- Multiple entries are allowed. Photos are mandatory for each recipe.
- Pahadi Rajma Madra/Chamba Ka MadraCook time 50 mins25 Likes
A dish prepared in Dham or as the Food Fest in Chamba region is called. Simple yet rich, it uses Rajma/Kidney Beans, cooked in yoghurt gravy along with desi ghee and few spices.What makes it more interesting is the way of cooking yoghurt, let's see how it's prepared. I learned the technicalities of Himachali cuisine from a friend's mom, thank you Gaurav & Aunty for the guidance!
- Badi NimonaCook time 20 mins8 Likes
This is a famous Awadhi dish, specially made in winters.
- Veth ChamanCook time 15 mins21 Likes
Veth Chaman, is specially made in Kashmiri weddings and is no onion - no garlic recipe. It is a speciality of Kashmiri Brahmins.
- Bhuna Kukda (A taste of Rajasthan)Cook time 30 mins18 Likes
A Rajasthani delicacy: Chicken cooked in Rajasthani style with loads of spices and its own juice.
- Gheur (A Traditional Dogri Recipe)Cook time 20 mins16 Likes
Gheur is very traditional Jammu and Kashmir recipe. Dogri people make this dish when new member arrive their home at first time like new bride or son in law. Got this recipe from youtube and tried it.
- Gharwali Style ChickenCook time 30 mins39 Likes
Gharwalis from Uttrakhand make this authentic dish using fresh local produce. An extremely delicious and flavorsome dish.
- Chasni Sooji Mewa GujiyaCook time 40 mins4 Likes
Gujia, a traditional sweet dumpling stuffed with khoya, is widely relished in North Indian states like UP and Rajasthan. Inspired by Dhara Mehta's suji stuffing in her recipe,"Suji Gujia", here is the traditional Gujia recipe stuffed with sooji dry fruit mixture and coated with sugar syrup on the outside.
- Laal MaasCook time 45 mins16 Likes
Laal Maas is a delicacy from Rajasthan, India. It is a royal dish. In earlier days, during a hunt, the wild game meat, especially Boar or Deer was used to prepare the dish. Now, mutton is used to prepare this Royal dish.
- Dum AlooCook time 40 mins15 Likes
- Punjabi RajmaCook time 25 mins20 Likes
- Chatpati Aloo ChaatCook time 5 mins15 Likes
- Motichoor Rabri ParfaitCook time 60 mins16 Likes
- Potato cheese cutletsCook time 15 mins32 Likes
- Atta seviyaCook time 35 mins4 Likes
- Barbequed Baati with Dal & ChurmaCook time 30 mins13 Likes
- Rajasthani Stuffed Bati With Panchmel Dal and ChurmaCook time 60 mins22 Likes
- Hariyali pulaoCook time 10 mins7 Likes
- Pumpkin Veg platter with Chilli jamCook time 35 mins6 Likes
- Rajasthani Mogar Ki PooriCook time 30 mins11 Likes
- Pasande (Beef fillets)Cook time 30 mins4 Likes
- Veg Pumpkin platter with Chilli JamCook time 30 mins4 Likes
- Kurkuri bhindiCook time 20 mins18 Likes
- Vegetable pulaoCook time 15 mins12 Likes
- Palak kadhiCook time 10 mins11 Likes
- Mango Curry Cook time 20 mins2 Likes
- Veg kababCook time 20 mins115 Likes
- Dal palakCook time 10 mins24 Likes
- Mutton Rogan JoshCook time 120 mins9 Likes
Contest terms & conditions
- The recipe should be the participants ORIGINAL work, they can however take inspiration from anyone else’s work
- The recipe must be accompanied by original photograph/s. If found to be plagiarised, the recipe will be taken off.
- The contest is open to individuals across the world. Do provide us with a valid Indian address to ship the prize.
- BetterButter reserves the right to extend the deadline.
- Winners will receive prizes within 30 days from the date of announcement of the winner, provided the address is shared with us on time.
- The entries submitted by participants may be used by Betterbutter for publicity purposes in future.