How To Make Fulkopir Alu Poshto
A tasty and delicious cauliflower potato curry cooked in poppy seeds.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time25mins
Ingredients to make Fulkopir Alu Poshto
- 1 small sized cauliflower head, cut in to florets
- 2 medium sized potatoes, cut in to cubes
- 2 green chillies
- 1-2 dry red chilli
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds/kalonji
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- Water as required
Steps to make Fulkopir Alu Poshto
- Soak poppy seeds in milk for about 2-3 hours.Grind to make a paste with green chillies. Heat oil in a pan and add cauliflower pieces.Sprinkle with a little salt and turmeric powder.Cook covered until cauliflower is soft.
- Into the same oil add nigella seeds,dry red chilli and potato cubes. Sprinkle with salt,sugar and turmeric powder.Cook covered until potatoes are tender. Now add cooked cauliflower ,poppy seeds paste and 1/2 a cup of water.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve warm with luchi, rice or roti.