How To Make Mysore Masala Dosa
Mysore Masala Dosa is the speciality of Karnataka Cuisine.. Tastes way too different than the regular masala dosa.. The ingredients used to make the batter and the red chutney that is spread over the dosa just makes it unique and sets apart from the regular ones... Fermentation is the key for the perfect dosa..as my batter was perfectly fermented it produced the exact restaurant quality dosa's!!! The combination of aloo curry , sambhar and red chutney yielded the fabulous results !!!
- Prep Time8Hours
- Cook Time30mins
Key ingredients for Mysore Masala Dosa
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Mysore Masala Dosa
- For Dosa batter : 1 cup Raw rice ( i used sona masoori )
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 3/4 cup Urad dal
- 1/ 4 cup chana dal
- 1/4 cup Toor dal/ red lentil
- 1 tsp Methi / fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 cup Poha / Rice flakes thick variety ( if using thin variety soak for just 15 mins , prior to grinding )
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed to soak and grind
- Oil / ghee for making dosas's
Steps to make Mysore Masala Dosa
- Wash and soak rice, dals , methi seeds, poha in enough water for overnight ..Next morning drain the water and grind into fine batter using fresh water if needed..Initially grind into thick batter .. **when you grind it thin using lot of water the fermentation takes lot more time..
- Keep it covered overnight for fermentation or for 12 to 16 hrs depending on the climate..The batter has to be well fermented n doubled to yield perfect dosa..Once fermented perfectly, add salt as per taste and sugar..Adding water adjust the consistency to spreadable...slightly thick than regular dosa batter..
- Now heat a skillet or tawa...once sizzling hot ..add a drop of oil and wipe the tawa with paper towel..Now add a laddle full of batter and spread in circular motion ...
- Add a spoonful of oil / ghee at the sides and centre..Once it starts changing color add a spoonful of red chutney add spread evenly over the dosa..
- Later add a spoonful of Potato curry ..fold and serve..