How To Make Paneer 65
Paneer 65 is a perfect starter for any occasion. Comes under Hyderabadi Cuisine and has prominent Chettinad flavors that make it absolutely scrumptious. Paneer 65 is quite famous in restaurants and even in functions as a starter. The outer part is crispy where as the paneer inside is soft and chewy. The recipe is quick and home style paneer 65 is way better than those what we get in food joints. Another very famous substitute for the non vegetarians is Chicken 65. The marination process is exactly the same in both. Paneer 65 is commonly a starter or you may call it as an appetizer, but it also gels well with fried rice or chapatis. Totally depends on your choice of eating. I personally love to have it with any pilaf or fried rice. These days even my son has started liking such spicy flavors, hence now it's even more pleasurable for me to cook such delicacies.
- Prep Time2Hours
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Paneer 65
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Paneer 65
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese - 200 gms
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp
- corn flour - 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Ginger Paste - 1 tsp
- Green chili paste - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder - 1 tsp (this gives color to the dish)
- Cumin powder - 1/2tsp
- Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - for frying
- For Tempering :
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chilies - 4 (slit)
- Curry leaves - handful
- Dry red chilies - 1 (broken)
- Sugar - 1 pinch
Steps to make Paneer 65
- Cut paneer into medium sized cubes.
- In a large bowl, add rice flour, corn flour, green chili paste, ginger garlic paste and all the other ingredients. Add little water to make a thick batter. Adjust salt as per taste.
- Put paneer cubes in the batter and mix well such that the batter gets coated on paneer nicely.
- Cling wrap the bowl and marinate it for minimum 2 hours.
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok for deep frying. As soon as the oil is hot drop in the paneer cubes and fry them well till they turn crisp.
- Transfer the fried paneer pieces on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- For tempering :
- In another flat base pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- As soon as the mustard seeds splutter add rest of the tempering ingredients and fry well.
- Now transfer the fried paneer into the tempering pan and toss all together such that everything gets incorporated well.
- Serve hot with fried rice or chapati !