How To Make Spinach dhokla
Dhokla is a very famous Gujrati dish. I have added spinach puree into it, to give it a healthy twist. I have made this dhokla into idli moulds. So presenting spinach dhokla in new shape and colour.
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time25mins
Key ingredients for Spinach dhokla
How to make Idli/Dosa Batter
Ingredients to make Spinach dhokla
- 1 cup besan ( bengal gram flour )
- 1 cup sour curd
- Ginger green chilli paste 1 tsp
- Spinach puree half cup
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- ENO fruit salt 2 tsp
- Water as required
- Oil 2 tsp
- For tempering - oil 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Curry leaves 4 -5
- 2 Green chillies cut into halves
Steps to make Spinach dhokla
- First in a big bowl take besan, add curd, spinach puree into it and mix all ingredients well. Add some water for dhokla batter consistency. Batter should not be very thick nor runny .
- Now add ginger green chilli paste, 2 tsp oil, salt as per taste, Mix all ingredients well. Meanwhile grease idli moulds properly. Put idli stand on gas and fill with some water .
- Add ENO salt to the batter and pour lemon juice on ENO salt. So you can see bubble form on batter. Mix ENO salt well .
- Immediately pour batter into idli moulds. Steam it for about 15 -20 minutes. Turn off the gas. Let it cool and demould them.
- For tempering - take a pan add 1 tsp oil, when oil is getting hot, add mustard seeds into it. Add curry leaves and green chilli.
- Pour this tempering on dhokla. Spinach dhokla is ready. Serve with mint chutney
My Tip: You can make these dhokla in a plate or thali also .