How To Make Malabar Paratha
Popularly callled as Parota, it is an origin of street food in Kerala enjoyed with a complimenting Malabar chicken curry.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time60mins
Ingredients to make Malabar Paratha
- 3 cups Flour (maida)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Oil (for frying)
Steps to make Malabar Paratha
- Combing flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add oil and blend well with the flour mixture.
- Now add water, little at a time and knead well to make a dough.
- Transfer the dough to a well floured surface and knead for 5 mins.
- Coat the dough with oil, cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Knead for 5 more mins. Divide the dough into 10 parts and make balls.
- Cover and leave for 15 mins.
- Take one ball and roll it very thin. Hold the rolled dough from the top on both sides and pleat them till the bottom.
- Roll them like a spiral and press the last edge onto the center of the roll. Repeat with other balls.
- Heat oil in a tawa over medium heat. Place the rolled out paratha and cool for 2 mins.
- Cook on both sides and remove from heat. Repeat with the remaining batches.
- Serve hot with famous Malabar chicken.