Broccoli Pepper Fry Recipe| Protein Rich Side Dish
Broccoli is one of the vegetables having more protein. Unfortunately, I hate boiled broccoli. I am always convenient with Indian recipes with a bit of masala flavor. Hence, I have noted down a few broccoli recipes from my friend, Nagammai. She is good in cooking and she has given me a lot of tips to cook Broccoli.
- Prep Time5Minutes
- Cooking Time20Minutes
- Broccoli - 1/2 head, separated into medium sized florets
- Onion - 1 medium, sliced
- Tomato - 1 medium, chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon Crushed - little
- Curry Leaves - a handful
- Curry Masala Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Pepper Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon and even little more
- Salt - as per taste
- oil - 1 teaspoon
- Heat water in a pan. Add little salt. Once water boils, add broccoli florets and switch off the flame. Let it rest for 1 minute. Not more than that. Drain broccoli and wash it in cold water. This will make it stiff.
- Heat oil in a pan, add crushed cinnamon and curry leaves. Let them sputter. Add onions and saute till they become transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off. Add tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
- Add broccoli florets and saute little. Add curry masala powder and little salt. Saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Cover the pan and let broccoli get cooked in low flame. Don't add water. This will take 2 minutes. Remove the lid and give a gentle saute.
- Add pepper powder, saute a little and switch off the flame.
My Tip: Don't Overcook Broccoli. Use coconut oil for best flavor.