Healthy Oats and banana breakfast cakes
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Handful of Nuts
- A pinch of salt
- Add peeled banana, oats and milk in a blender and blend to make a smooth batter.
- Take out the batter in a large bowl and add yogurt, honey, oil, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt into it.
- Allow the batter to stand for 10-12 minutes until it thicken slightly. Check the consistency of the batter. The batter should be free flowing when dropped from a ladle. Add a little milk if the batter becomes too thick.
- Finely chop all the nuts. I have used a mix of cashew nuts, almonds and walnuts.
- Brush the sandwich maker with little oil and pre-heat it for 5 minutes.
- Fill all the triangular wells of sandwich maker with the batter leaving a little space to let it expand.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts and sesame over it and close the lid and let it cook till the green light is on or for 3-4 minutes.
My Tip: You can use the same batter to make pancakes if you don’t have a sandwich maker at home.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.