Venghiya poondhu kozhambu | How to make Venghiya poondhu kozhambu
About Venghiya poondhu kozhambu
Finger licking recipe from deep south, it has medicinal value too, it can be refrigerated for about 15 days....
Venghiya poondhu kozhambu, a marvelous creation to spice up your day. The relishing flavours, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma of Venghiya poondhu kozhambu is just mouth-watering. This amazing recipe is provided by Mahi Venugopal. Be it kids or adults, no one can resist this delicious dish. How to make Venghiya poondhu kozhambu is a question which arises in people's mind quite often. So, this simple step by step Venghiya poondhu kozhambu recipe by Mahi Venugopal. Venghiya poondhu kozhambu can even be tried by beginners. A few secret ingredients in Venghiya poondhu kozhambu just makes it the way it is served in restaurants. Venghiya poondhu kozhambu can serve 4 people. So, the next time you have a get together or a party at home, don't forget to check and try out Venghiya poondhu kozhambu.
Ingredients to make Venghiya poondhu kozhambu
- Small onion - 20 nos ( pealed and washed)
- Garlic - 15 nos ( pealed and washed)
- Tamarind - 1 small orange size ball ( soak in hot water and extract juice Filter twice )
- Chilli powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Dhaniya powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Jaggery - 2 tbsp
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli- 2 nos ( broken into 2 each)
- Gram dal - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 hand full ( cleaned and washed)
- Asafoetida - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek whole -1/2 tbsp
- Fenugreek powder - 1 tsp
- Oil ( gingelly oil preferably best) - 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Venghiya poondhu kozhambu
My Tip:Fenugreek powder preparation : Heat kadai, dry roast fenugreek 1/2 tumbler. Till they are slightly brown, then remove from kadai and set aside to cool. Grind to a fine powder and bottle it, this can be shelfed for 2 - 3 months.