Karnataka style mix vegetable Sagu
- 3 cups mix vegetables, chopped (You can use green beans, peas,carrot,potatoes,cauliflower)
- 1 onion sliced (optional)
- 7- 8 Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- To be ground into a fine paste:
- 3-4 tablespoon Coconut, scrapped
- 6-7 Green chillies chopped
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 1" cinnamon stick
- 1/2-1 inch ginger piece
- Blend all the ingredients under : To be ground into a fine paste
- Heat oil in a wok/pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and once they splutter, add the cumin seeds, curry leaves and the turmeric powder.
- Add the onion and saute for 1- 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook covered till they are just soft.
- Add the ground paste, salt and adjust theamount of water to get the required consistency
- Mix nicely, cook for a few minutes more and serve hot with Puris, Roti or Dosa