- 3 slices of brown bread
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup green gram sprouts
- 2 green chilies
- 1 large onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 capsicum
- Coriander and mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp chilly flakes
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of asafoetida powder
- Water as required
- Oil to shallow fry
- Wash and finely chop the onion, green chilies, tomato, coriander leaves, mint leaves and capsicum.
- Take a large bowl, add in the chickpea flour, sprouts, salt, chilly flakes, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder and stir well to combine all the ingredients together.
- Pour required water in the bowl to make the batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a griddle or keep a sandwich toaster ready.
- Slice the breads then dip each slice in the batter.
- Place each slice on the toaster, scoop out some vegetables from the batter and add it on top of the bread slices.
- Sprinkle a few drops of oil and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes on both the sides.
- Serve this delicious open-faced sandwiches with tomato ketchup or any homemade chutney.
My Tip: You can add any vegetables of your choice to make this breakfast recipe more healthier.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.