Earl grey and Chocolate Shortbread Tea Bag Cookies
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- I tsp earl grey tea
- 200 gms dark chocolate Melted
- Mix the tea with icing sugar.
- In a bowl Put the butter , tea & icing sugar n mix it with hand blender to a smooth mixture.
- Reduce the speed and add the vanilla essence ,salt and mix the flour in small batches until nicely incorporated.
- Cling wrap the dough and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Roll out the dough on a floured counter & cut into tea bag shape with the help of real tea bags.
- Grease the baking tray and place the cookies.
- Make a hole at the top of the cookies with tooth pick to tie the thread.
- Again refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven & bake it for 13-15 minutes.
- Don't brown it too much
- Once the cookies are cooled Dip half portion of the cookies in melted chocolate ( To give it a look like there is tea inside).
- Place the chocolate dipped cookies in a butter paper / Aluminium foil lined tray & keep it in the fridge till the chocolate set's