No Bake Poha & Millet Strawberry Chocolate Tart
- 1 cup brown poha
- 1/2 cup Barnyard millet/Kudiraivali/vrat ka chawal/jhangora
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashewnuts
- 3/4 cup grated jaggery
- 50 grams Lindt dark chocolate, melted
- Dark chocolate pearls for garnish
- For the filling-
- 1/2 cup curd cheese/Labneh, ( 1/2 cup full fat yogurt strained overnight on a cheesecloth)
- 150 grams cream cheese
- 8-10 plump strawberries, pureed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- For the Tart-
- Dry roast poha, barnyard millet, almonds and cashew-nuts separately. Let it cool completely.
- In a mixer, take poha and barnyard millet together. Powder them both finely. To this fine powder add the nuts and start pulsing.
- Halfway through, add the jaggery and melted chocolate and pulse again until the mixture clumps together.
- Transfer the mixture to the tart pan with a removable bottom, press it down tightly. cling-wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- Prepare the filling-
- Take together curd cheese and cream cheese. Whisk until soft and fluffy. To this fluffy cheese, add pureed strawberry. Whisk the mixture smooth
- Remove the tart from the refrigerator. Pour the strawberry cheese on top, Tap the pan for the cheese to settle. Cling-wrap and refrigerate for about 4-5 hours for the cheese to set.
- I have used only half the filling on the tart/cheese-cake. The remaining, i poured in individual glasses and chilled. Both my kiddos enjoyed them as dessert.
- After the said time, remove the tart from the refrigerator. Slowly remove the bottom , the outer ring will slip through your left hand.
- Remove the tart on to a serving plate, drizzle chocolate sauce, decorate with strawberry and chocolate pearls. Cut and serve.
My Tip: The filling doesn't have any stabilising agents like gelatin or agar-agar. It will be like a pudding. If you want a set filling use either gelatin or agar-agar as per your choice. The jaggery can also be completed avoided by adding 8-10 dates to the base ingredients.