To make the cake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
Use removable bottom pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
Lightly brush the pan and parchment paper with oil & dust with cocoa powder.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder & lukewarm water, making sure that there are no lumps left and set aside.
In a large pan, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda & salt.
- Make a well in the centre of these dry ingredients and add the cocoa-water mixture, oil & vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Add the vinegar & whisk.
Transfer the batter to prepared cake pan & bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
Run a knife around the sides of the pan before loosening the sides of the pan.
- Open up the cake pan and gently place the cake on a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the chocolate glaze:
- Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave. - Allow it to cool slightly and then whisk in the water & sifted icing sugar.
Once this mixture takes on a spreadable consistency, pour it over the centre of the cooled cake.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the glaze evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
Rest it for 20 mins.Then cut the cake and serve.