Broccoli Stuffed Paratha
How to make Garam Masala
- For the dough –
- Atta/ wheat flour 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tblsp or little more
- Salt to taste – I used approx. 1/2 teaspoon for the dough
- Water as required
- For the Stuffing –
- Broccoli, grated 1 & 1/2 cups
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as required – I added approx. 1 teaspoon
- Prepare the Dough using luke warm water approx. 1/2 cup or you can adjust it accordingly to reach a smooth soft dough. Now keep this aside and grate the broccoli using a grater, I used my food processor for it.
- Once the broccoli are grated add salt and keep it aside for few minutes. It will leave water, squeeze the broccoli in your palms tightly and remove water.
- Now add in little salt more to it as per taste along with rest of the dry spices.Your stuffing is ready.
- For the parathas, make a small ball from the dough and roll it to make a circle on the rolling pin. Dust some flour on it and add the stuffing as shown in the pic.
- Now add little dry flour on top of the stuffing before closing the ball, this we do so that the stuffing does not loosen while rolling it. Dry flour absorbs the wetness in the stuffing and it does not break while preparing the paratha.
- Now gently close the stuffed dough ball closing it in the centre, refer the pic. Softly start rolling the paratha with light hands in between dusting it with the flour on both the sides.Do not over dust it too.
- Make a circle. Once done then heat the tawa until hot. Now cook the rolled out paratha on the tawa from both the sides. when it is half cooked then dizzle it with oil and press it a little to make a crispy paratha.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.