How To Make Prawns Curry Cooked in Tomato and Coconut
Easy to make, delicious and flavourful curry.
- Prep Time30mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Prawns Curry Cooked in Tomato and Coconut
- For marination:
- 300 gms cleaned prawns
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- For tempering:
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves
- Small piece of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 red chilli
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1/4 cup Coconut paste (fresh coconut grounded)
Steps to make Prawns Curry Cooked in Tomato and Coconut
- Mix all the ingredients with prawns given under marinating and leave them covered for half an hour:
- Heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard, cloves, cinnamon, red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the marinated prawns and cook for 5-8 minutes on low flame (covered with lid).
- Now add the coconut paste and water (as per the consistency needed) and simmer it for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with plain steamed rice.