Parsi Fried Fish
- 1 kg white fish
- 3 tblsp + 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tblsp salt
- 1 tblsp red chilli powder
- 1 tblsp turmeric powder
- Oil to fry
- Lemon to serve
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1. Wash the fish well. Rub 3 tblsp of lemon juice to it immediately and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- 2. Make a thick paste with the salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder, using the remaining 1 tblsp of lemon juice.
- 3. Rub both sides of the fish with this mixture and keep it aside for atleast half an hour or an hour.
- 4. In a pan, heat oil. Fry the fish for 5 minutes on either side or until you get a nice brown crust.
- 5. Serve with a slices of lemon and a good garnish of coriander
My Tip: You can even add a bit of dhansak masala to the marinade for a punch