How To Make Whole wheat eggless banana muffins
Whole wheat, eggless, butter less, spiced with cinnamon - I don't think there is any other reason to refrain yourself from baking these muffins. Just follow the recipe to T and you will end up with moist, fluffy, healthy muffins. Did I tell you there is Flax seed powder too to make it much healthier? These muffins are perfect for on the go breakfast and ideal for snack box too.
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time25mins
Ingredients to make Whole wheat eggless banana muffins
- 3/4 cup/ 90gms - whole wheat flour /atta
- 1/4 cup /65 ml-vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup - granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp - baking powder
- 1/4 tsp - baking soda
- 1/8 tsp - cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp - flax seed powder
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Essence
- 2 - medium size ripe banana
- A pinch of salt
- Chopped walnuts
Steps to make Whole wheat eggless banana muffins
- Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon. To a bowl add bananas and mash with a spoon or a masher, If you are using frozen bananas like me bring it to room temperature by simply leaving on the kitchen counter.
- Add sugar and mix until the sugar dissolves completely. Later add oil and mix it .
- Add flax seed powder, vanilla essence, and give a nice stir.Preheat the oven at 160 C
- .Add the sieved flour mixture,to the wet mixture and gently fold with the help of a spatula,do not over mix.
- Line the muffin tray with muffin liners. With the help of a scoop spoon out the batter into the liners. Fill the liners up to 3/4 only.
- Tap the liners on the counter to remove any trapped air and top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake at 160 C for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Whole wheat banana muffins are ready .