- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 small sized tomato finely chopped (optional)
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 45ml milk
- 40 grams of butter
- 1/4 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/4 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A dash of pepper
- 6 slices of toasted bread
- Salt to taste
- Few coriander leaves finely chopped to garnish
- Take a pan and heat butter over low heat.
- Next add in the finely chopped onion and let it cook till they start to become translucent in colour.
- In the meantime, take a bowl and break in the eggs, add salt, pepper and milk to the eggs and lightly whisk it. Keep it aside.
- Put in the cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and chopped tomatoes. Let this cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir this mixture continuously.
- Continue stirring till the eggs reach a cream like consistency.
- Take a serving plate and set the 6 slices of toasted bread on it. Carefully place the akuri on top of the toasted bread.
- Serve hot with a garnish of coriander leaves.