Patra ni Machchi
- 10 Pomfret fillets
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 4 Green chillies
- 7-8 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 50 grams of grated coconut
- 3-4 Banana leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the fish fillets into two by two inch pieces.
- Grind together coconut, coriander leaves, salt, green chillies, cumin seeds, garlic and lemon juice to a smooth paste.
- Marinate the fish pieces in this chutney for about twenty minutes.
- Take a small piece of washed and clean banana leaf. Place 2 pieces of the marinated fish in the center of each banana leaf piece, making sure that they are well coated with the coriander paste.
- Fold in the ends to make a parcel. Tie up parcels loosely with a string if desired.
- You can either steam these fish parcels or cook on a tawa. To steam just place them in a steamer and steam for five minutes.
- To cook on a pan, heat oil and place the parcels on it.
- Cook turning the parcels from time to time so that they get cooked on both the sides.
- When the banana leaves turn light brown take them off the pan or steamer.
- Serve the fish in the banana leaves to seal in the juices and aroma.