Vegan Chocolate Espresso Mousse
This vegan chocolate espresso mousse is so easy that you can whip it up in just 5 minutes. Ripe bananas, ripe avocados, dark melted chocolate, coffee decoction, and dark cocoa powder with 1 or 2 tablespoon of sugar if needed, blitz in a blender and your decadent guilt free vegan chocolate espresso mousse is ready to serve! The mousse turns out so thick that there is no need for gelatin to set and since I was making vegan mousse, I anyway decided not to use any gelatin.
- Prep Time5Minutes
- Cooking Time5Minutes
- Fully ripe bananas – 3 nos
- Ripe Avocados – 2 nos
- Dark compound chocolate – 1/2 cup
- Dark cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Coffee decoction – 4 tablespoons
- Sugar – 3 tablespoons (reduce if your bananas are very sweet)
- For garnish:
- Vegan Whipped cream (made using coconut cream)
- Chocolate vermicelli
- Dark chocolate shavings
- 1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt dark compound chocolate at 20 seconds intervals until all chocolate is just melted, do not over heat. Remove from microwave, give it a quick mix and let it cool for a bit.
- 2. While the chocolate is melting, make the coffee decoction. I used 4 tablespoons of water to 3 tablespoons of coffee powder in a coffee filter or French Press
- 3. Add coffee decoction to melted chocolate and mix it well.
- 4. Now add all the ingredients – ripe bananas, ripe avocados, melted chocolate with coffee, cocoa powder and sugar and blitz until a smooth paste is formed. Do NOT add any water if you are looking for thick mousse just like the set mousse.
- Transfer the chocolate espresso mousse into serving cups and chill it for atleast two hours.
- 6. Whip the chilled coconut cream until you get soft peaks
- Just before serving garnish the mousse with vegan whipped cream, chocolate vermicelli and some chocolate shavings.
My Tip: Use dark chocolate only to get best results
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.