How To Make Overnight oats in coconut milk with brulee mango
Overnight oats in coconut milk topped with mango brulee` and cherry compote is a delicious make ahead breakfast bowl filled with the goodness of health.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time8Hours
Key ingredients for Overnight oats in coconut milk with brulee mango
How to make Coconut Milk
Ingredients to make Overnight oats in coconut milk with brulee mango
- For the oats: Oats 1 cup
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Sugar 2 tbsp - Honey 2 tbsp
- Banana 1
- For the brulee`d mango: Mango 1
- Cinnamon powder 2 pinch
- Sugar for the brulee 1 tsp
- Others: Ginger julienne &1/2 inch
- Cherry Compote 2 tsp or as desired (Recipe given below)
- Dry fruit Muesli handful
- Almonds 4-5
- shaved chocolate - as desired (optional)
- Pomegranate arils- 2 tsp
- Spring of mint leaf
Steps to make Overnight oats in coconut milk with brulee mango
- For the overnight oats: Soak the oats in coconut milk, sugar and honey the night before in a bowl. Mix well. Put in the fridge. Next morning, blend together the oats with banana, add a little more coconut milk if it;s too thick.
- Pour into a serving bowl.
- For the mango brulee: Cut a mango from either side of the stone so that u get two even pieces.
- Sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon powder in each Broil in the oven at 210 C for 4 mins each. Remove and set aside. Cut into slices or dices as desired.
- For the cherry syrup: Pit and dice 2 cups of cherry.
- In a saucepan, add the cherries, ½ cup water, 2 tbsp Bourbon(optional), 2 tbsp sugar and juice of two lime.
- Let it boil and cook down till its syrupy and thick about ten minutes or till it coats the back of a spoon. Adjust and add more lemon juice or sugar as per taste.
- Obviously I don't strain this coz I love cherries, but u can choose to strain
- Do this beforehand so that the syrup is cold when using. Fry some ginger julienne in oil till crispy. make sure its not burnt.
- To assemble, Over the oats, add a handful of your favorite cereal or muesli ( provides crunchy texture which I love with the creaminess of the oats
- add slices of brulee mango, the cherry syrup, almonds and a little shaven chocolate. Top with fried ginger julienne, few fresh cherries,pomegranate aril and couple of mint leaf to cut through the richness.
- Serve and enjoy! Notes use normal milk or even almond/soy milk if you don't like coconut milk.