Vegan Apple & Blueberry Mini Lattice Pies – Multigrain Butterless Eggless! | How to make Vegan Apple & Blueberry Mini Lattice Pies – Multigrain Butterless Eggless!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Video for key ingredients
How to make Coconut Milk
About Vegan Apple & Blueberry Mini Lattice Pies – Multigrain Butterless Eggless! Recipe
Hearty and healthy, these adorable apple and blueberry mini lattice pies are perfect for a picnic or a get together or for lunch boxes. These little treats are as good as a classic apple pie, except they are miniature and vegan. I tried to make a healthier version of this dessert and happy to say that it was a successful attempt. These pies are made with multigrain flour (a combination of wholemeal flour, buckwheat flour, rye flour, brown rice flour and maize flour) and coconut oil. Maple syrup and unrefined cane sugar added the sweetness to the pies.
Ingredients to make Vegan Apple & Blueberry Mini Lattice Pies – Multigrain Butterless Eggless!
- Ingredients for pie crust:
- 100 gram or 2/3 cup wholemeal (called aata in Hindi)
- 50 gram or 1/3 cup buckwheat (called kuttu ka aata in Hindi)
- 50 gram or 1/3 cup rye
- 50 gram or 1/3 cup brown rice
- 50 gram or 1/3 cup maize (called makai or makki aata in Hindi)
- A pinch of
- 2 teaspoon unrefined cane
- 150 gram or approx 9 tablespoons oil, solidified not melted
- 5-6 tablespoon cold for kneading
- *[1 cup = 250 ml]
- Filling :
- 4 medium sized ( I used 3 granny smith and 1 pink lady, you can use any)
- Few drops of juice
- 2 tablespoon oil, solidified not melted
- 2 tablespoon wholewheat ( aata)
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon powder
- 150 grams blueberries
- 3-4 teaspoon unrefined cane
- little almond or milk to brush the top
How to make Vegan Apple & Blueberry Mini Lattice Pies – Multigrain Butterless Eggless!
My Tip:Make sure you grease your tin properly. Nothing is as bad as a pie stuck to the pan! Grease properly across the edges too. You can use any flour in any combination. Make sure you use 300 grams or 2 cups flour in total. You can use only whole wheat flour too. Use as much water (cold water not hot) to knead the dough as required. The water amount can vary according to the types of flours used and on weather condition too. So add 1 tablespoon water at a time. After 4-5 tablespoons just sprinkle water to gather the dough together. Roll the whole dough on a well floured surface to form a big rectangle and cut out the circles. You would get more circles when you cut the circles out of a rectangle. Also ensure, they are all of same thickness. Chill the dough after putting into muffin tray. Cut the apples into small and thin slices so that you can accommodate the filling into the muffin cups.