Black Rice Cream | How to make Black Rice Cream
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Video for key ingredients
How to make Coconut Milk
About Black Rice Cream
A completely original recipe that came to my head when I got a pack of gorgeous organic black rice from a friend from Dubai. In addition to being egg free, it is vegan, nut free, added sugar free, added fat free and gluten free.
Black Rice Cream is a delicious dish which is enjoyed by the people of every age group. The recipe by Caroline Radhakrishnan teaches how to make Black Rice Cream step by step in detail. This makes it easy to cook Black Rice Cream in your kitchen at home. This recipe can be served to 5 people. You can find this dish at most restaurants and you can also prepare Black Rice Cream at home. This amazing and mouthwatering Black Rice Cream takes 15 minutes for the preparation and 15 minutes for cooking. The aroma of this Black Rice Cream is so tempting that makes you want to eat it. When you want to prepare something very tasty and delicious for special occasion then Black Rice Cream is a good option for you. The flavour of Black Rice Cream is palatable and you will enjoy each and every bite of this. Try this Black Rice Cream and impress your family and friends.
Ingredients to make Black Rice Cream
- Black rice 50 gm (1/2 cup)
- Mashed banana – 1 cup (from 2-3 big ripe bananas)
- Coconut Milk powder (NOT desiccated coconut) – 100 gm
- Corn flour (or any flavored custard powder) - 2 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Fresh grated coconut – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Black currants or any dry fruit – Optional
- Dry beet powder for garnish – Optional
- Sugar – completely optional because the bananas have sufficient sweetness. However, around 2 tbsp should suffice for those who want it sweeter. One can use jaggery instead but that will alter the exotic shade of the ice cream.
How to make Black Rice Cream
My Tip:This ice cream does not require multiple whisking. However you can choose to whip it every few hours if you want a lighter version. If you have retained the strained water, then you can thicken this by heating to the desired consistency and add sugar or organic jaggery or palm jaggery and convert it to a sauce that can be used on the ice cream. This sauce can be stored in the fridge until use.