Paan Icecream | How to make Paan Icecream
About Paan Icecream
No churn, no ice cream machine needed to make this beautifully fresh and zingy betel leaf or paan ice cream topped with some homemade gulkand jam (rose petal jam), crumbled pistachios, chocolate chips and finally topped with a drizzle of rose syrup!!
The delicious and mouthwatering Paan Icecream is enjoyed by all. This dish is often prepared for special occasions including parties or festivals. Paan Icecream is a good option when you want to cook something different . It is an amazing dish which is liked by people of all age groups. The flavourful ingredients are the key to the amazing taste of Paan Icecream. Swayampurna Singh shared Paan Icecream recipe which can serve 10 people. The step by step process with pictures will help you learn how to make the delicious Paan Icecream. Try this delicious Paan Icecream recipe at home and surprise your family and friends. You can connect with the Swayampurna Singh of Paan Icecream by commenting on the page. In case you have any questions around the ingredients or cooking process. The Paan Icecream can also be given a rating. The "What's cooking" feature can be used to share your experience when you make Paan Icecream with other users
Ingredients to make Paan Icecream
- 1 L milk (prefrerably use full fat)
- 1½ cups (300 grams) fresh cream
- 1¾ cups sugar
- ¼ cup cornflour
- For the paan flavouring: 6 Maghai paan patta or betel leaves
- 6 dried dates (kharek), soaked overnight and finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf), powdered
- ½ tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- ¼ cup gulkand (sweetened rose petals)
- a pinch of menthol or mint essence 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Extras: Chocolate chips - ½ tsp per scoop
- Dried cherry if you wish or one maraschino cherry
- Pistachios, roasted and crumbled with a mortar and pestle.
- A little gulkand (rose petal jam) for every scoop
- ½ tsp of rose syrup to be drizzled on the scoop.
- Optionals: You can also add sugar coated fennel seeds and cardamom seeds to the scoops, and top with some thinly cut betel leaf over every scoop)
How to make Paan Icecream
My Tip:I love adding juliennes of betel leaf on top of the scoop while serving these in company, just pile on top of the scoop ( about 6- julienes per scoop) and top with a single maraschino cherry. Serve the syrup on the side and let people drizzle as per their choice. This makes great DIY dessert for guests too. Lay out the toppings in pinch bowls and and involve your friends / guests in building their own dessert/icecream bowls. Go wild if you wish.. add sprinklers, mint syrup, even chocolate syrup if you wish