Wholewheat Zucchini Bread
- Wholewheat flour - 2 cups
- Bread flour - 1 cup
- Sugar - ï†¾ cup
- Baking powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Ground Nutmeg - Äµ tsp
- Eggs - 2 large (I used 2 tbsp egg replacer whisked in 6 tbsp water)
- Milk - ï†¾ cup (dairy or non-dairy milk)
- Oil - Äµ cup
- Zucchini - 1 ½ cups grated
- Raisins - ½ cup
- Walnuts - ½ cup chopped
- Lemon zest - 1 tbsp grated
- Preheat the oven to 176 degree celsius. Lightly grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Take a large bowl and whisk in the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg together.
- Separately, whisk the eggs, milk and oil together in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until everything is evenly moistened; Also add in the zucchini, raisins, walnuts and lemon zest and give it a good stir.
- Pour this batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 15 minutes. After this time period, take the bread out of the pan and leave it on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm with hot tea or coffee.