Ingredients to make Brown Rice Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 cup of brown rice
- 1/2 cup of chickpea (chole)
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 8-9 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup of tomatoes cubed
- 1/4 cup of onions cubed
- 1/4 cup of cubed zucchini and yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons of cheese cubed(optional/low fat)
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Brown Rice Lettuce Wraps
- Soak chickpeas overnight. Boil it till tender. Set aside.
- Cook rice with roughly 1¾ times of water till reaches al dente stage.
- Drain if any water is leftover. Pour little oil on top to avoid grains sticking together. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together, except lettuce leaves, in a large bowl.
- Set lettuce leaves and scoop out a generous helping of salad and place it in lettuce leaves.
- Drizzle some herb oil or any topping of your choice & enjoy the healthy meal.
My Tip: It tastes best when served cold. The salad is very forgiving and you can substitute or add any thing as per your taste or preference. I used apple cider vinegar as it was in the pantry, else balsamic vinegar will go very well with it.