How To Make Zucchini Cakes
Zucchini fritters are very popular deep fried or shallow fried patties, made with potatoes, zucchini and carrots. You can serve zucchini fritters with sauce and cream. It’s a better option to serve as a snack or in the lunch box too.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Zucchini Cakes
- 2 Cups Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Cornflour
- 2 Tbsp. Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Flour (APF)
- Salt to Taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Red chili flakes to taste
- 1 Tsp. Oregano
- Oil for shallow frying
Steps to make Zucchini Cakes
- Grate the zucchini, place in bowl and 1/2 tsp. salt, keep aside for 10-12 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water from the zucchini using muslin cloth and place in a large bowl.
- Combine grated carrot, grated potatoes, oregano, chili flakes, salt, black pepper, baking powder, cornflour and flour.
- Add bread crumbs and prepare a smooth dough, divide the dough into equal eight portions. Prepare into patties form, refrigerate them for 15 minutes atleast.
- Heat sufficient oil in non-stick pan on high flame.
- When hot, add fritters one by one and shallow fry until golden and crisp on the both sides. Serve hot zucchini fritters with sauce.