How To Make spinach shakshuka
A quick recipe of shakshuka adapted to add some greens in the meal.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make spinach shakshuka
- 4 Eggs
- 4 large ripe Tomatoes sliced thinly
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- Salt to taste
- about 20 large Spinach leaves
- pinch of Sugar if the tomatoes are tart
Steps to make spinach shakshuka
- Take a flat base pan and add butter, when it heats up lightly add minced garlic and stir till is starts to sizzle.
- Now add paprika and combine. Add in sliced tomatoes and sugar if using.
- Season with salt and combine well. On the cooking tomato mixture gently break open the eggs.
- Lay spinach leaves over the tomato-egg mixture.
- On medium heat, cook covered for 4-5 minutes. Cook egg yolks as per your choice, runny or set.
My Tip: Sprinkle Parmesan generously just before serving to make it a bit exotic. Serve with a crusty bread to mop off the saucy tomatoes.