Mc Donald's Style Paneer McPuff
Paneer Mc Puff is the most popular snack invented by McDonalds. America. Ever since i had these yummy cute little Paneer Puffs, it was in my wish list to make them at home. Today tried my hands on them and they came out just perfect! All the efforts and hard work paid off well, when my son mentioned that these were far better than what we had in Mc Donald's. Nothing can be as rewarding as that! Let us now quickly get on to check the recipe of Mc Donald's style Paneer McPuff
- Prep Time15Minutes
- Cooking Time30Minutes
Homemade Short Crust Pastry
How To Make Pizza Dough
- All Purpose Flour 2 cups
- Butter 2.5 tbsps
- Salt 1.5 tsps
- Water 1 cup
- For filling :
- Finely Chopped Paneer / Cottage Cheese 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Capsicum 1
- Chopped Red Bell Pepper 1/2
- Finely Chopped Garlic 1 tbsp
- Green Chili Sauce 1.5 tbsps
- Tomato Sauce 1 tbsp
- Soy Sauce 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Sugar 1 pinch
- For Making Pastry Dough :
- Sift flour in a large mixing bowl, add salt and butter and mix to form crumbles. Start adding water and knead to make a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside to rest for 15 mins and Meanwhile prepare the filling for the puffs.
- For Making Filling :
- Heat butter in a wok and add chopped garlic and saute till golden.
- Add chopped capsicum, red bell pepper, salt and black pepper and saute till soft.
- Now add all the three sauces and stir well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add finely chopped paneer pieces into the saucy mix and stir such that everything incorporates well.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sugar, give a quick mix and set aside to cool.
- For Making Paneer McPuffs :
- Pinch a large tennis ball sized dough and roll to make a ball.
- Place the dough ball on the dusted counter and roll out to make a thin sheet.
- Cut the sheet into equal sized 2 x 2" squares with a knife or a pizza cutter. Collect the extras from the sized and keep aside.
- Take 1 tsp of the filling and place on the centre of one square.
- Wet your index finger with water and slide across the sides of the square sheet.
- Place another similar sized sheet over it and press the sides gently.
- Make impression with a fork across the sides to seal.
- Place the puff on a lined baking tray.
- Similarly make more puffs and place them on the baking tray. (You can make square, round, crescent shapes etc)
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree C for 15 mins. If your oven does fast heating then pre heat at 150 degree C. Remember the temperate of the oven differs hence the baking time should be regulated accordingly.
- Bake the Paneer Puffs for 15-20 minutes or till you see them turning crisp and golden.
- Transfer them on a wire rack for 2-3 minutes and then serve with your favorite dip or a simple tomato ketchup does well too.