Mixed Sprouts Salad In Cabbage Cups
- 1 small purple Cabbage
- 1 cup mixed Sprouts blanched
- Salt to taste
- white Pepper powder to taste
- 1 small Green chili finely chopped
- Lemon juice as per taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Gently separate the leaves of small red cabbage without tearing them. Using serrated blades scissors (designing scissors) cut the leaf in a round shape.
- Leave these leaves in refrigerator until use. Fill a large bowl with water and add lots of ice to it, to turn water ice cold.
- On the backside of the leaf, you will see a white vein passing through the middle of the leaf. To get flat base to the cabbage cups, trim off the thin slice right at the center of the leaf over the vein using a small sharp knife.
- By doing this the cups will not topple when turned. Dip these leaves in ice cold water and leave this bowl in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- When dipped in cold water, the leaves will get harder and turn crisp and crunchier. When you are ready to serve salad, gently wipe the excess water from leaves and place them in serving plate.
- As per your taste add in salt, pepper, lemon juice to mixed sprouts as toss. Carefully using a spoon fill the prepared cabbage cups with this sprouts mixture.
- Garnish with sliced spring onion greens. Serve immediately.
My Tip: Adding green chilli is completely optional. One can also add chaat masala.