How To Make Malabar Bread Pudding
A bread puddingy version of a traditional Malabari snack called Unnakaya.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time60mins
Key ingredients for Malabar Bread Pudding
How to make Coconut Milk
Ingredients to make Malabar Bread Pudding
- 4 slices day old Bread
- 1 Plantain chopped
- 1 Coconut milk tetrapack (200 ml)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 4 Cardamom pods seeds crushed
- Cashew & extra sugar for sprinkling
Steps to make Malabar Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven at 200C. Take 6 inch round baking dish and torn in bread in it. Arrange sliced bananas evenly.
- Gently whisk coconut milk, egg, sugar and cardamom. Take another bowl and pour this over bread mixture.
- Sprinkle sugar and cashew nuts for extra crunch.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. If the top is burnt and custard is not cooked, then reduce the heat and bake longer till done.
My Tip: If I had my way, I'd use only bread crusts for bread pudding.