How To Make Potato Peanut Milk Curry
I LOVE POTATOES. Period. These veggies are so yummy that I can consume them in an form. Even plain boiled potatoes would do. I wanted to try out a different potato curry today and so used peanuts and milk. Result was super yummy and I loved it
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Potato Peanut Milk Curry
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Potato Peanut Milk Curry
- Potatoes – 3 medium sized
- Peanuts – 1/3 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1 medium sized
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2-3 tsp
- Mustard Seeds and Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp each
- Coriander Leaves – for garnish
Steps to make Potato Peanut Milk Curry
- Chop potatoes into big chunks. Pressure cook till they are soft but not mushy.Peel and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, roast peanuts and grind to a smooth paste with little water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard and jeera.
- Add onions and saute till transparent and also add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell disappears.
- Add cooked potatoes and all the masala powders. Mix well.
- Now add peanut paste, milk and required salt. Mix well and allow it to simmer for around 8 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.