How To Make Bedmi Aloo ( UP Style - No Onion, No Garlic Spicy Potato Curry)
BEDMI ALOO KI SABZI is no onion, no garlic potato curry which has lots of tomatoes and spices to enhance the flavor. Bedmi aloo is usually served with bedmi poori and is a common breakfast option in Uttar Pradesh.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Bedmi Aloo ( UP Style - No Onion, No Garlic Spicy Potato Curry)
- Boiled potatoes 4 (broken)
- Tomatoes 4 (chopped or pureed )
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves handful
- Green chili 2
- Dry red chili 2 (broken)
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil 4-5 tbsp
Steps to make Bedmi Aloo ( UP Style - No Onion, No Garlic Spicy Potato Curry)
- Boil potatoes , peel their skin and break them into pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add asafoetida, cumin and mustard seeds along with dry red chili and curry leaves. Allow them to splutter.
- Now add ginger paste and slit green chili and fry for a minute till the raw smell of the ginger goes off.
- Add chopped or pureed tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and mix well. Fry all together till oil starts leaving the sides.
- Add broken boiled potatoes and mix all together. Now add sufficient amount of water and adjust salt to taste.
- Bring the curry to boil and simmer the gas and cook for another few minutes with lid closed.
- Turn off the gas and garnish it with fresh coriander and serve hot with fluffy puris.