How To Make Aloo Palak Paratha
Aloo palak parathas are loaded with flavors and are so filling that u do not need any sides or gravies to go with it ..just a bowl of yoghurt is a perfect combo !! Loved Aloo parathas throughout my life but this added goodness of iron rich spinach makes it a worth one !!
- Prep Time25mins
- Cook Time10mins
Key ingredients for Aloo Palak Paratha
How to make Garam Masala
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Aloo Palak Paratha
- For the dough : 2 cups Wheat flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- A pinch of salt
- Water as needed
- Ingredients for the filling : 2 large, boiled and grated potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped spinach / palak
- 2 tbsp crushed Kasoori Methi
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp Aamchoor / Dry mango powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 garlic cloves crushed / grated
- Oil or ghee to fry parathas
Steps to make Aloo Palak Paratha
- Knead a soft dough using the ingredients mentioned in dough list and keep aside covered for 10 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling.
- Divide the dough into equal portions, roll out even sized balls and set aside.
- Divide the potato and spinach, mix equally in same number to that of dough balls and set aside.
- Now take a dough ball and roll out into small disc, making sure that the edges are thinner than the centre.
- Place masala mix in the centre. Bring all the sides / edges together and pinch to seal them.
- Now pat in and level into round disc. Dip it in the dry flour and roll it out into slightly thick roti / paratha. Be gentle while rolling or else the masala might ooze out breaking the dough sheet.
- Now saute this on a hot skillet or tawa using oil / ghee. Once roasted on both sides, serve with yogurt and/or pickle.