Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce | How to make Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Video for key ingredients
Homemade Caramel Sauce
About Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce Recipe
Poached fruits are great quick desserts and a good way to convert ho-hum fruits into something fantastically delicious.I think the elegance and sensuousness of perfectly poached warm pears with chilled vanilla ice cream or hot caramel sauce is unbeatable. I love the basic sugar and water poaching for everyday dessert because it retains the taste and delicate flavor of the fruit and isn’t loaded with heavy aromas of spices or other ingredients but for special occasions or if I am in a little indulgent mood I add spices, wine, caramel sauce etc according to the mood of the day. Enjoy!
Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce, a deliciously finger licking recipe to treat your family and friends. This recipe of Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce by Tikuli Dogra will definitely help you in its preparation. The Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce can be prepared within 10 minutes. The time taken for cooking Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce is 30 minutes. With such flavoursome ingredients, the dish tastes superb! This recipe is appropriate to serve 6 people. The recipe details out how to make Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce step by step. The detailed explanation makes Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce so simple and easy that even beginners can try it out. The recipe for Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce can be tweaked in a lot of ways to make it more interesting. So, the next time you have a party at home do not forget to check out the recipe of Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce from BetterButter.
Ingredients to make Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce
- Small size firm plump ripe Pears - 6
- Ginger peeled and thinly sliced - 3/4 inch
- Lemon - 1/2
- Spice mix – 4 cloves, 4 peppercorn, 2 all spice, 1 star anise (broken in half) , 1 cinnamon stick broken in half ( you can choose your own)
- Honey – 2 table spoon
- Pure Vanilla – 1 teaspoon or one split vanilla bean
- Brown or White Sugar – 1/2 cup Sugar ( you can use sugar according to the sweetness of fruit and use part white and part brown sugar or entirely use brown sugar too. Don’t use honey if using brown sugar)
- Water – Just enough to cover the pears. (About four cups should do)
- To make the caramel sauce -
- Granulated Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Water = 1/2 cup
- A pinch of salt (Kosher would do)
- Ice Cream or Gelato to serve with
How to make Spiced Up Poached Pears With Caramel Sauce
My Tip:Poaching is done at any stage of ripeness of the fruit but if you have nice and firm juicy fruit it reduces the amount of sugar/honey to be added which is good. Variations You can poach the pears in simple traditional sugar and water style or in red wine (I use Merlot or Shiraz) and it will fill your home with an irresistible aroma that will linger in your senses for a long time. Add/remove spices as you wish. Experiment with Jaggery instead of sugar. Serve plain or with chocolate/ caramel sauce. It tastes great with mint chocolate. I use After 8 for that. There is no limit to to what you can do. Go Indulge.