ROASTED BLACK GRAM FLOUR & OATS STUFFED FLATBREAD
A deliciously subtle flavoured paratha , stuffed with sattu & oats making them a healthy breakfast ! They have soft inner texture and crisp outer, the true authentic taste originating from the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent.
- Prep Time0Minutes
- Cooking Time12Minutes
How to make Ghee
- 100 gm Roasted Black Gram Flour or Sattu
- 3 tbsp lightly roasted oats
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp pickled oil Suspension from Mango
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- freshly copped coriander
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Oil for brushing
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 2 tsp oil/ghee
- Äµ tsp of salt
- Knead wheat flour, ghee, salt and required amount of water to make a soft dough.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together.
- Divide the dough into small portions and make it into slightly bigger round shape.
- Place a portion of the sattu mixture (approx two tsp) in the middle, enfold the filling and pinch off the excess dough
- Caution don't stuff too much otherwise the flatbread would tear while rolling it out. Roll out the flatbread into a round shape.
- Cook on hot tawa or flat pan, applying oil/ghee till both sides are cooked and golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with pickle and curd.
My Tip: oat has a bland taste but when you add it with a little sour like lemon,vinegar or curd the bland taste is transformed!
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.