Caribbean Black Bean Corn Mango Salad
- Black beans - 500 gms (I have used a can)
- Whole kernel corn: 1 can (500 gms)
- Ripe Mango -1 (diced)
- Red bell pepper - 1/2 (diced)
- Green bell pepper - 1/2 (diced)
- Yellow/orange bell pepper - 1/2 (diced)
- Spring onions - 3/4 chopped
- Onion - 1 (diced)
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp (freshly ground)
- Juice of lemon - 2 tbsp
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Hot sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1/4 tsp
- Cilantro - 2 tbsp (Chopped)
- Toasted walnut - 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Rinse the beans and corn. Drain and transfer in a salad bowl.
- Add the chopped mango, bell peppers, onion, spring onions and cilantro. Toss and mix well.
- In a masons jar add in salt, pepper, hot sauce, honey, olive oil and lemon juice. Close the lid and shake well.
- Add this as dressing in the bowl and toss nicely.
- Add toasted walnut pieces on top. Keep in fridge.
My Tip: Boil the beans and corn before use if not using canned.