How To Make Caribbean Black Bean Corn Mango Salad
Summer for me is synonymous with salads. Because of the heat, one doesn't feel like either cooking hot food or eating hot food. Salads are easy to rustle up. They are also perfect for picnic - lunches.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Caribbean Black Bean Corn Mango Salad
- Black beans - 500 gms (I have used a can)
- Whole kernel corn: 1 can (500 gms)
- Ripe Mango -1 (diced)
- Red bell pepper - 1/2 (diced)
- Green bell pepper - 1/2 (diced)
- Yellow/orange bell pepper - 1/2 (diced)
- Spring onions - 3/4 chopped
- Onion - 1 (diced)
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp (freshly ground)
- Juice of lemon - 2 tbsp
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Hot sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1/4 tsp
- Cilantro - 2 tbsp (Chopped)
- Toasted walnut - 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
Steps to make Caribbean Black Bean Corn Mango Salad
- Rinse the beans and corn. Drain and transfer in a salad bowl.
- Add the chopped mango, bell peppers, onion, spring onions and cilantro. Toss and mix well.
- In a masons jar add in salt, pepper, hot sauce, honey, olive oil and lemon juice. Close the lid and shake well.
- Add this as dressing in the bowl and toss nicely.
- Add toasted walnut pieces on top. Keep in fridge.