The unique combination of potatoes & fenugreek leaves makes this dish a favourite in many households. This dish is a perfect blend of flavours- bitter, sweet & spicy! A must have during winters when fenugreek leaves are in season, this dish is my personal favourite.
- Prep Time15Minutes
- Cooking Time15Minutes
- Potatoes, 5 par boiled, peeled & cubed
- Fenugreek leaves 1 cup, cleaned & chopped
- cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic - green chilly paste 2 tbsp
- Oil to cook
- Salt to taste
- Par boil the potatoes, peel & cube them. Keep aside.
- Now in a wok, add the the oil, add in the cumin seeds.
- When they splutter add the garlic- green chilly paste. Saute till the rawness goes.
- Next add in the turmeric powder & the roughly chopped fenugreek leaves. Don't saute too much, the leaves might turn bitter.
- Saute briefly till the leaves wilt. Next add in the cubed potatoes. Cook covered for a minute adding salt & some sprinkled water.
- Cover over low flame for about 4-5 mins till the potatoes are moist & well coated.
- Switch off flame & serve hot!