Key ingredients for Tacos
Homemade Pizza Sauce
Ingredients to make Tacos
- 1 cup Maize Flour (makai ka atta)
- 1 cup Plain Flour (maida)
- 3 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup Beans (Rajma boiled) salted n mashed
- 3 Shallots (small onions) chopped
- 1/2 cup Lettuce grated
- 1/3 cup Tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp Chilli sauce
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1/3 cup Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup steamed Corn
- A few Lettuce Leaves (wash and pat dry)
- salt to taste
Steps to make Tacos
- Mix the flour, oil, salt and water to make a soft dough
- Roll out thin rounds ( about 4 inch in diameter). Prick lightly with a fork or toothpick.
- Deep fry in hot oil on both sides and then try and bend into a 'U' shape whilst frying. Fry till crisp, drain on paper towels.
- Store the tacos in an air-tight container.
- Mix the tomato ketchup and chilli sauce to make red sauce.
- Mix the tomatoes, spring onions, lettuce leaves, cabbage and salt.
- In the fold of each taco, place a spoonfu of mashed rajma, add red sauce and fill with the chopped vegetables.
- Serve with Salsa, grated cheese, lettuce leaf and steamed corn on top