- For the filling: Green peas - 1 cup
- Green chillies - 2-3 acc to taste
- Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida - 1 tsp
- Fennel powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1 pinch
- Refined oil - 1 tbsp
- for the dough-
- 1 cup Maida
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour(atta)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- a pinch of salt
- Warm water for kneading the dough
- oil for deep frying
- Put all the ingredients listed under filling except the oil and asafoetida in a grinder and grind to a smooth paste.
- In a pan heat the oil , once hot add the asafoetida/hing. Next tip in the grounded pea mixture and fry well till the mix becomes dry and has no moisture in it.
- Take it off heat and keep aside to cool down.
- To make the kochuris. Combine all the ingredients listed under Dough, then adding a little warm water at a time, knead into a soft and pliable dough.Now take the dough and make little balls out of it. Roll out a little on a flat surface and add a tsp Of the peas filling.
- Very gently gather the sides and make into a ball. Flatten it out and roll into a puri /flatbread. It will be a little thick and not as thin as a poori .
- In another kadhai , heat enough oil to fry the kochuris. Once hot , add the kochuris to the hot oil and fry till nice golden brown on each side.
My Tip: Serve it with Spicy aloo dum.