How To Make Tortilla pinwheels (Spinach and cheese-Pesto Mini Bites)
These bite-sized roll-ups have been packed with the crunch of Spinach, creaminess of Cream cheese and Ranch dressing and the tanginess and strong flavor of Roma tomatoes-Mint Pesto.
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time5mins
Key ingredients for Tortilla pinwheels (Spinach and cheese-Pesto Mini Bites)
How to make Pesto
Ingredients to make Tortilla pinwheels (Spinach and cheese-Pesto Mini Bites)
- A pack of burrito sized Tortilla
- 2 cups Pre-washed Baby spinach Chopped(or can be used without chopping also)
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- 1 Cup Roma Tomatoes (put a little cross cut on top of tomatoes)
- ¼ cup fresh Mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh coriander or parsley
- 2 dried whole red chillies
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Sugar as per taste
- One bowl of ice cubes
Steps to make Tortilla pinwheels (Spinach and cheese-Pesto Mini Bites)
- To make the pesto, bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Once the water is boiling, put the tomatoes in water for 3-4 mins.
- Once the tomatoes are tender and the peel starts to come out, take the tomatoes out of the water and give an ice bath to stop cooking.
- Remove the peel. Now put the tomatoes in the blender along with other ingredients to make pesto.
- In a stand mixer, take the Softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, little salt and pepper. Mix everything nicely at a medium speed to make a spread.
- Lay out tortillas one by one on a flat surface or a cutting board. Spread the Cream cheese mix evenly on one side of each tortilla to cover the whole surface.
- Add a layer of chopped spinach to cover the cream cheese layer completely.
- In the middle of the tortilla, spread a thick line of Tomato-Mint Pesto.
- With the pesto layer parallel to you, start rolling the tortilla tightly towards the other end. Be careful not to roll it too tightly to avoid the filling from coming out.
- Put all the rolled tortillas in the fridge for an hour so that the cheese is set firm again.
- Take it out just before serving and slice the tortillas into equal sized mini-rolls
- Serve chilled and enjoy the feast !
My Tip: The Roma Tomatoes and mint dip that I used , adds an extra edge and a flavor to the mini roll-ups.