How To Make Pakodas On Sticks
I just love trying out something different and this is one of them!All of us are too familiar with Pakodas and this is a little modification to give them a new twist and a new way to eat!I have also added new ingredients to the batter and made them super tasty and a delight in parties,rainy season quickies and for special occasions!Or it might be that you want to enjoy and make yourself a plate of these babies!Believe me they are addictive to the core!All you need is Paneer, veggies and some toothpicks.Party time folks!
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Pakodas On Sticks
- The Pakoda Vegetables :
- 500 gms fresh Paneer
- 1 Capsicum/Green/Red/Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 medium/1 big Tomato
- 1 Onion (optional)
- For the batter :
- 1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Soda Bicarb
- 1/2 tsp Green Chilli Paste/1 Green Chilli minced finely
- Oil for Deep frying
- For Garnish :
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (optional)
- 12 - 15 Toothpicks/swizzle sticks
Steps to make Pakodas On Sticks
- For the batter : Mix all ingredients except soda bicarb and add enough water to whisk into a thick batter (neither very thin nor very thick).Keep aside till making the Pakodas.
- Prepare the sticks : Cut the Paneer and vegetables into 1 inch cubes.Its not necessary to make exact pieces but ensure that they are approximately of the same size.I used Paneer,Capsicum and Tomato.
- If you use Onion then you can insert it as desired on the sticks. Take a toothpick and start with a Capsicum cube followed by Paneer then by Tomato and then again a piece of Paneer.Prepare all the sticks this way.
- Make the Pakodas : Heat Oil in a frying pan.Add the soda bicarb to the batter and whisk well to incorporate.Dip each prepared stick into the batter and deep fry on medium heat till crisp.Take out on absorbent paper.
- Serving the snacks : In a plate take the Pakodas on sticks and sprinkle with the chaat Masala and Coriander Leaves.Serve hot with homemade ketchup or chutney and let the guests do the talking!