Little Millet n Multi Grain Sprouts Paniyaram
Gluten free and a healthy breakfast recipe which is most commonly sold at road side eateries...served with red chilly chutney in major parts of Southern districts of TamilNadu. These paniyaram (made in non stick appe pan) make a healthy alternative to rice and since these are less in carbs they make the perfect dish for people suffering from Diabetes mellitus. Addition of sprouts makes it more nutritious.
- Prep Time0Minutes
- Cooking Time10Minutes
- 1 cup – Samai (Little Millet)
- 1 cup – Multi grain Sprouts
- 1/2 cup – Brown rice
- 2 tbsp – Thoor dhal
- 2 tbsp – Channa Dhal
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp – Black Pepper
- 2 nos – Green chilies
- 1 tsp – Ginger
- 1 tsp - Salt (or as reqd)
- 1/4 tsp - Asafoetida powder (hing)
- Soak above all except salt and hing for 2 hrs and grind to coarse batter by adding very little water (approx 1/4 cup or lesser)
- The batter should be of thick pouring consistency and not watery.
- Transfer to a container add salt and hing mix well and allow to stay for couple of hours.
- Pour into paniyaram pan (appe pan) and cook on both the sides until they turn lite golden in color.
- Serve hot with chutney and sambar.