Healthy Protein - Rich Soya Cutlets
How to make Garam Masala
- 1 cup soya granules (I used nutrela)
- 2 tablespoons besan(gram flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander seed powder(dhaniya masala)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1-2 green chillies chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- salt to taste (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon garlic(grated or finely chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used refined soyabean oil)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice(optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Soak soya granules in 2 cups of boiling hot water. Leave this aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Pass this through a strainer and press the granules gently to squeeze out excess water. Remove this in a bowl. Grind them finely.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and saute garlic in it. Add green chillies and besan and roast the besan for 5 minutes or until it changes it's colour a bit.
- Add bread crumbs and roast them for a minute. Add ground soya granules and some salt and mix well.
- Add enough water to bring the mixture together. Remove the mixture in a plate.
- Make small balls of the mixture. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and shallow fry these cutlets in hot oil on both sides until crips brown.
- Serve these hot with a chutney/sauce along with some lemon juice drizzled on top.
My Tip: You can even fry these in an air fryer.