- Mozzarella Cheese [Cut into 1 inch cubes]- 1 cup
- Cornflour - 3 tbsps
- All purpose flour- 1/4 cup
- Water -1/4 cup
- Cornflakes powder/ breadcrumbs- 1 cup
- Chat masala for sprinkling [optional]
- Oil for Deep frying
- Mix the cornflour and water to make a thick paste. [Add the water a little at a time until you get the right consistency]
- Take 3 shallow trays.
- Put the all purpose flour in tray 1, the cornflour paste in tray 2 and the cornflakes powder in tray 3.
- Toss the cheese cubes in the flour[ tray 1].
- Dip them in the cornflour paste. [After placing them in the second tray, move the tray back and forth to coat the cubes evenly with the cornflour mix]
- The next step is to get the crunchy crumb. Toss the cheese cubes into the cornflakes powder and shake the tray to give those tiny cubes a beautiful crumb.
- Repeat steps- 4,5 and 6 two or three times more [in the same order]. This will help coat and cover the cheese cubes well.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 an hour.
- Heat the oil and deep fry until the outer turns nice and crisp. Take care not to let it stay too long or the cheese would start to ooze out.
- Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil, sprinkle chat masala and serve these cheesy delights.
My Tip: You can totally try a shallow fried or an air fried version of the same Or perhaps even baked. I recently bought an Air Fryer and I think it gives a great result. Simply brush the crust with some oil and place them on an aluminium foil / baking tin and then into the air fryer. Much healthier and just as tasty.