Multigrain paneer dahi vada
- 1 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2-3 tsp beaten curd
- 1 tsp powdered brown sugar
- For the batter:
- 2 tsp wheat flour / maida
- little water
- 1 multi grain bread slice for crust
- Olive oil for frying
- For yoghurt :
- 1 cup whisked curd
- 2 tsp powdered brown sugar (increase or decrease as per taste )
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- few curry leaves
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- few strands of saffron or pinch of yellow colour
- 1.In a bowl mix grated paneer, 1 tsp sugar and 2-3 tsp curd. Do not add extra curd otherwise mixture will not retain its shape.
- 2.Now take a ball of this mixture and gently give the shape of a vada.
- 3.Keep in fridge for half an hour so that they maintain their shape and get firm.
- 4.Prepare a batter of wheat flour/ maida with little water of flowing consistency. Keep aside.
- 5.Take a slice of multigrain bread and grind it in a mixer and spread on a plate.
- 6.Now take out your vadas from fridge , dip them gently in batter and coat with bread crumbs. You can again allow these to rest in fridge for 15 minutes.
- 7. Prepare the curd meanwhile. In a bowl toss together curd, sugar, dry roasted mustard seeds, few curry leaves and saffron or yellow colour.
- 8.Now fry the vadas in hot olive oil till golden brown.
- 9.To assemble : In a serving platter, place a layer of prepared curd, now put vada in centre.Drizzle more curd over it. Sprinkle sesame seeds, mustard seeds and garnish with curry leaf.
- 10.Your power packed nutritious snack is ready to enjoy.
My Tip: You can use normal sugar also instead of brown sugar. Instead of frying these can be baked as well and enjoyed. You can add nuts to the curd to enhance the flavour. And if saffron is not available add a pinch of yellow colour to make it more appealing.