Kela Masala Sabzi (Banana Dry Curry with Spices)
This is a super recipe passed down to me by my mother when I was in school as I have been always passionate about cooking. Easy, tasty, healthy and nutritious this dry curry will give your usual day meal a whole new dimension. Try it; I am sure you will love it!
- Prep Time5Minutes
- Cooking Time20Minutes
How to make Garam Masala
- 6 medium ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- A pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1 tbsp grounded coarse peanut powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or a wok.
- Keep the flame to a low and add mustard seeds. Saute till the mustard seeds crackle.
- Add cumin seeds and saute till they splutter.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut thick round slices of medium ripe bananas. Keep aside.
- Next add asafoetida, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala. Mix well.
- Now add ground coarse peanut powder and chopped coriander leaves.
- Stir all the ingredients well and add banana slices and salt and stir to combine.
- Keeping the heat to low, cover the pan and cook the Kela Masala Sabzi until you see the masala is well coated with the banana slices. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Once done, check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste.
- Serve the Kela Masala Sabzi along with Phulka's, Dal and Rice for lunch or even pack it into a lunch box.