How To Make Vazhakkai Podimas | Plantain Curry
Vazhakkai podimas is a simple and healthy recipe prepared in my mom's place.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Vazhakkai Podimas | Plantain Curry
- Raw Banana/Plantain -2
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Hing – generous pinch
- Lemon – 1/2
- Salt to taste
- Coconut – 75 mg
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1.5 tsp
- Urad Dhal – 1.5 tsp
- Channa dhal – 1.5 tsp
- Green chili – 1
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Curry Leaves –few
- Coriander - few
Steps to make Vazhakkai Podimas | Plantain Curry
- Chop the head of raw banana. Boil the raw banana in water for 10 mins. It might slightly give a burst sound , it means that it is just opening up.
- Take out and leave it aside to cool. Remove the skin and grate.
- Mix turmeric, hing powder and salt.
- Take a pan add items given in “To temper” table in the order given.
- Once cooked, add the grated raw banana and mix it well.
- Switch off the gas and add coconut and squeeze lemon.
- You may garnish with coriander in the end.
My Tip: Gas must be switched off before putting coconut for better taste.