Aloo Gobhi Parantha
This one of the first dishes which I happened to learn from my mom. She would make this every other day during monsoon season and serve it with dollop of butter and me and my brother would just wait for the butter to melt all over.
- Prep Time15Minutes
- Cooking Time15Minutes
How to make Garam Masala
How to make Ghee
- For the dough of parantha-
- 2 1/2 cups sieved wheat flour.
- 2 pinches of salt .
- 1 tbsp ghee.
- Water as required to make a dough.
- For filling the parantha-
- 2 big boiled mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cleaned cauliflower florets finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger and garlic
- 4 tsp each of coriander and mint leaves
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/3 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- A pinch of dry mango powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Ghee for basting on parantha
- Salt as per taste.
- First we will make dough for parantha-
- In big vessel add in wheat flour,salt and ghee and mix it with fingers. Add in water little by little and make out a dough, the dough should be neither too hard nor too soft. Cover it with a wet muslin cloth and keep it aside.
- For the filling-
- Heat oil in a pan and add in finely chopped onions and ginger-garlic. Cook till raw smell goes off.
- Once they turn pink and the raw smell goes off add all the spice powders and saute well.
- Next add in chopped cauliflower florets and mix well. Cook with the lid on for some time.
- Once cooked switch of the gas and add chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and lemon juice and mix well. Let it cool down and then mix in boiled mashed potatoes.
- Now pinch out the dough into medium sized ball and roll it between your palm.
- Make pocket by denting the dough in the middle. Fill the dough with the prepared mix.
- Roll it out and cook it in a hot griddle till its golden brown from both sides. Apply ghee on both sides.
- Serve hot with a dollop of butter.